In 1958, Samuel Kolstein Violin shop relocated to Merrick, New York, on Long Island with Barrie Kolstein joining the shop in 1971. In 1974 the Kolstein shop reorganized forming two divisions.
The two companies had offices and facilities in Bellmore and Merrick, New York. In 1980 the Kolsteins relocated to their present address at 795 Foxhurst Road, Baldwin, New York. Samuel Kolstein & Son, Ltd. has greatly expanded its staff and facilities since the relocation in 1980. An international staff of expert restoration artists, all working under the supervision of Barrie Kolstein, cater to the requirements of the upper echelon player as well as the demanding needs of the aspiring student.
Samuel Kolstein & Son, Ltd. has made a commitment to Musical Education throughout the world, supporting youth orchestras, lecturing, and expanding our educational division under the guidance of Mr. Kolstein and Mr. Jacob Cralidis. In September 1999 Kolstein & Son, Ltd. opened a new facility, adjoining our present location, to house the newly expanded Kolstein Educational Division.