Last Updated: February 17, 2021
California Privacy Protection Act (CCPA)
Consumers (as defined in the CCPA) that use the Platform (as defined here) and who are residents of the state of California (CA) have the right to, no more than twice in any 12 month period, for activities on the Platform in the 12 months prior to such consumer’s request:
- Know what personal information is being collected by Simon about them, for what business purpose, and from what types of sources;
- Access the personal information that has been collected by Simon about them;
- Know if this personal information that is being collected by Simon about them is being disclosed to a third-party or sold to a third-party, and if being sold, whom it’s being sold to *;
- Opt-out of the sales of any personal information that is being collected by Simon about them *; and
- Request any personal information about you that has been collected by Simon already be deleted.
To request one or more of these CCPA rights regarding the Platform, please do one of the following:
- Submit a request via our online privacy & data request portal with the applicable required details and which CCPA right(s) you wish to invoke.
- As an alternate method, you can also contact us via our toll-free phone number at +1 (888) 914-9661, making sure to enter the required PIN number of 187828 when prompted, and leave a voice mail with your name, email address, and if applicable, your mobile phone number (if you receive text messages from Simon) and which CCPA right(s) you wish to invoke.
- Mail us a request including a photo or scanned copy of your state ID or driver’s license, your name, email address, and if applicable, your mobile phone number (if you receive text messages from Simon) and which CCPA right(s) you wish to invoke to the following address:
Simon Property Group
C/O Patrick Flanagan - DPO
225 W Washington St
Indianapolis, IN 46204-3435 USA
Shine the Light
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits our shoppers who are California residents to request and obtain from Simon once a year, free of charge, information about the personally identifiable information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to:
Simon Property Group
Digital Marketing - 10th Floor
Laura Hale - Online Privacy Coordinator
225 West Washington Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204 USA
Eraser Law Notice To Minor Users
Simon shoppers who are under 18 years of age and live in California (“Minor Users”), under California SB 568, have the right to request Simon to remove content that such Minor Users post on the Website (“Minor Posted Content”). Upon receipt of a fully completed removal request form Simon will use commercially reasonable efforts to remove Minor Posted Content from the Website. Any such request to remove Minor Posted Content does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the Minor Posted Content. Minor Users must complete the removal request form accurately and in its entirely in order for the request to be processed.