Southdale Center is the nation’s first indoor regional shopping mall. The center, which opened in 1956, is anchored by Macy’s, Herberger's and jcpenney. Southdale includes over 120 specialty stores ranging from women's apparel to gifts and jewelry. Among the 120 specialty stores are Michael Kors, Madewell, Brighton Collectibles, Francesca's Collections, Sephora, Coach and The Apple Store. Also at this mall we have exquisite dining options from sit down places such as Cheesecake Factroy and P.F Changs to grab and go choices such as Qdoba Mexican Grill and Panda Express and to top it all off, consider making it dinner and a movie at our 16 screen AMC Megaplex. Conveniently located off of 66th and France Ave. Southdale serves the nearby communities of Edina, Richfield, Bloomington, Eden Prairie, Minneapolis and St. Louis Park. So from the entire team at Southdale Center, we hope that you will visit us soon.
Southdale Center® is open today from 10am to 9pm.// VIEW ALL HOURS
- Monday to Saturday
- 10am - 9pm
- 11am - 6pm
- 9am - 7pm (Holiday Hours)
- 12/16 - 12/20/2013:
- 9am - 9pm (Holiday Hours)
- 12/21 - 12/23/2013:
- 8am - 10pm (Holiday Hours)
- 8am - 6pm (Christmas Eve)
- Closed (Christmas Day)
- 8am - 10pm (Holiday Hours)
(952) 925-7874Mall Office(952) 925-7874
(952) 925-7885Shopping Line(952) 925-7885
(952) 925-7855Mall Security(952) 925-7855
- We offer free wireless internet to our shoppers at this Simon mall. Any shopper with a Wi-Fi enabled laptop, tablet or smartphone can easily log onto the Wi-Fi network. All shoppers have to do is open their web browser or select "Simon WiFi" (the SSID name) from their available list of wireless networks to get to the Simon Malls Wi-Fi landing page. All shoppers that choose to use the Wi-Fi network at this mall must agree to Simon Wi-Fi Terms & Conditions of Use prior to using this free service. If there are any issues or questions, shoppers and tenants should contact the Wi-Fi network technical support hotline at (888) 726-5930 for assistance.
- Order your travel money online for convenient home delivery. Did you know that some Simon mall locations also include retail Travelex stores for your convenience. Travelex is the world's largest retail foreign currency exchange specialist, with over 1000 stores around the world. We can provide you with over 75 foreign currencies as well as a Cash Passport that can be pre-loaded with either Pounds or Euros and includes chip & PIN technology, a must when traveling in Europe. To get started, visit <a href="http://onlinetravelcurrency.com/mtwid000136/Home?utm_source=Simon&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=1249">Travelex now</a>.
- <p>Find the perfect gift at Guest Services, a gift card. What you give is what they get with the American Express® Simon Giftcard®. Now no fees after purchase and funds do not expire! Gift cards are available in any denomination between $20 to $500 and can be used at any Simon® mall and the millions of merchants that accept American Express Cards in the U.S.</p><p>Use only at US merchants that accept American Express Cards except cruise lines and casinos. Not for use at ATMs or for recurring payments. Not redeemable for cash. No fees after purchase. For more information, customer service, or Cardholder Agreement visit simongiftcard.com or call 1-800-331-5479. Issued by AEPCMC by license from American Express Travel Related Services Co., Inc.</p>
- Located on the Main level in The District near Len Druskin as well as at Guest Services, on the second level near JCPenney's, on the third level at the Food Court, and in each of our Security Vehicles.
- Located in all public restrooms.
- Located at Guest Services on the Main Level. High valued items such as money, wallets, purses, jewelry, cell phones, or credit cards cannot be claimed on Sundays.
- Available seven days a week beginning at 8:00 AM. Lower level is .06 miles around, first level is .70 miles, second level is .62 miles, and third level is .22 miles. Walking distance maps are available at Guest Services located on the Main Level.
- Free surface and deck parking available.
- Adjacent to Metro Transit bus stop at Door 13; Metro Transit offers routes directly to Southdale Center. Taxi services are also available.
- Shopping bags for sale at Guest Services located on the Main Level for $.50 each.
- Kidgits is a fun-filled, child-friendly program with special events, giveaways and prizes for members! Click "Mall Events and Programs" for details about our upcoming events!
- SmartCart located at Mall Entrance nearest to Ruby Tuesday.
- Available at Directory/Telephone combo by Caribou Coffee kisok.
- Ticketmaster, the world's leading live entertainment ticketing company, now has a retail location at select Simon® Malls Guest Services Booths. You can access event information and purchase tickets at Guest Services to a wide range of venues and entertainment options including sporting events, museums, theaters, performing arts and family shows. Did you purchase tickets from Ticketmaster online? You can conveniently pick them up at our mall. Stop by Simon Guest Services for all of your Ticketmaster ticketing needs.
- Complimentary valet parking available for Cheesecake Factory and P.F. Chang's customers!
- Available at Guest Services located on the Main Level. Complimentary with a valid I.D. of no monetary value; I.D. returned when wheelchair/electric cart is returned.
Trend Pairing: Faux Leather and Plaid
Posted Nov 21 // Megan and Nora
I never knew how much I loved both faux leather and plaid until I tried pairing them together. I bought this skirt at the Southdale Marshalls a while back, and I had yet to wear it. I was never quite sure what to pair it with. Then I found this plaid shirt, and decided they needed to be paired together.
Now I know that many people will tell you to not wear too many trendy pieces at one time, but in my humble opinion, plaid (at least in Minnesota) isn't so much a trend as it is a necessity. But yes, it's definitely more in the limelight this year than it has been in the past. But still, two trendy pieces are fine in my book, as long as they don't fight with each other for the spotlight.
So I decided I would try out this new 2013 grunge look, and I love it. What do you think, would you pair these two pieces together? Head on over to Southdale to buy your trendy and timeless pieces today!
Jackets, Coats, and Vests! Oh my!
Posted Nov 2 // Megan and Nora
It's that time of year again. The leaves are falling, the air is crisp and it's time to find the perfect coat to keep you warm for the next few months. There is no reason why you cannot be stylish and warm at the same time! There are so many beautiful coats, jackets and vests to choose from! I found so many that I love, I am not sure how I will be able to pick just one! Luckily, in Minnesota, you can get away with having a closet full of coats and jackets! Here are some of my favorites, all found at Southdale Center!
The Colorful Peacoat
Majesty Peacoat // J. Crew // $298
This gorgeous peacoat comes in so many beautiful statement colors! And it is perfect for layering!
The Faux Fur Vest
Faux Fur Vest // Madewell // $118
I am a sucker for anything faux fur. This vest is so much fun and would be perfect for adding a little extra warmth to any look!
The Toggle Coat
Wool Duffle Coat // Gap // $168
A wool coat with toggle closures is such a classic piece. Especially in this gorgeous navy color!
The Plaid Coat
Guess Plaid Walker Coat // Herberger's // $128 (on sale!)
Plaid is so on trend right now, as is faux leather detailing! This is a gorgeous, classic, figure-flattering coat with a bit of edge. I love it!
The Classic Trench
Flared Trench // Banana Republic // $225
You cannot go wrong with a trench coat. Simple, time-honored, gorgeous. And the flair on this one turns it from basic to flirty!
The Statement Coat
Short Coat // H&M // $49.95
Every girl needs that one statement coat, perfect for a night on the town or hot date! It's always fun to walk into a room and have everyone turn and look! And everyone will look when you're wearing this amazing coat!
Sun Valley Down Parka // Eddie Bauer // $249
Parkas don't need to be boring or shapeless. This warm jacket is as fashionable as it is functional!
So, there you have it! You can look great while staying toasty warm throughout these cold months! Be sure to head to Southdale Center to find your perfect coat, jacket or vest for this season. And remember, you don't have to choose just one! Your Style Setter said so!
xoxo, two birds
Must-Have Fall Boots
Posted Oct 31 // Megan and Nora
Besides the colorful leaves, the apple picking and the crisp weather, one of my favorite things about fall is the boots. I get so excited when the weather turns because I know I can pull out the old stand-bys that go with any fall outfit. There are a few must-have styles that every woman should have in her closet. Head to Southdale to find the perfect pair (or pairs) for you!
Macy's - Marc Fisher Amber Tall Riding Boot ($149.99)
In my opinion, if you only own one pair of boots, it should be a riding boot. They look great with every outfit, from dresses to leggings to skinny jeans. This particular pair is so great with the two-tone look and the buckle detailing.
Macy's - Tahari Garrett Dress Boot ($199.00)
A classic black knee-high, heeled boot is the perfect fall accessory. These can be dressed up or dressed down. They add a little zazazoom to any outfit.
Madewell - The Lonny Boot ($238.00)
A bootie is a cozy fall alternative to the pump. These again are so versatile and can be worn with jeans or as a surprising unique look with a flirty skirt. This distressed leather look is classic and will never go out of style.
Gap - Moccasin Wedge Bootie ($89.95)
This bootie would be perfect with skinny jeans and a fun plaid or chambray shirt. They are the perfect weekend bootie, for when you want to look cute and also be extra comfortable. The laces give them a more rugged look, while still being feminine.
Banana Republic - Trinna Ankle Bootie ($198.00)
While these booties are so versatile to be worn with any outfit, I see them with a fabulous little black dress for a hot date night. The buckle detail adds a little pizazz. They are the perfect accessory!
What is your favorite boot style for fall?
Styling Summer into Fall
Posted Oct 16 // Megan and Nora
I don't know about you, but I never put away my seasonal clothes each year. When fall arrives, my summer tanks are still hanging in the closet. Part of this is due to laziness, but the main reason is that I love to get as much use out of my clothes as possible. It is just as easy to throw on a sundress with tights, boots and a jean jacket in the fall, and just as cute!
Southdale is the perfect place to get your layering pieces for fall. Here are a few looks that I love for transitioning your summer clothes to fall.
The tank top
The tank is a perfect layering piece. It's lightweight, so it doesn't bulk up under other pieces. It's a perfect way to add a pop of color to an outfit. Here's how I'd wear it for fall.
1. Madewell 2. Adren B. 3. Macy's 4. Macy's
I love sundresses. I prefer them to be worn bare legged, but that can't happen year round in Minnesota, so to keep wearing them all year, here's how I'd layer.
1. Dry Goods 2. Claire's 3. Herberger's 4. Macy's 5. Madewell
With a few staples, you can easily bring summer into fall and even winter. A good chambray shirt, a fun jacket, either denim or leather, a pair of knee-high boots, plenty of colorful tights and a good beanie to keep your ears toasty are all the essentials you need for the transition!
Enjoy this crisp weather, and head to Southdale to find your fall essentials today!
Dressed up Sweatshirts
Posted Nov 18 // Megan and Nora
I find it hard to pass up a good sweatshirt. Sure, the big, cozy, boyfriend sweatshirt might be the most comfortable thing you own, but what if you could have comfort and fashion all at the same time?
The new trend of embellished and dressed-up sweatshirts is one of my favorite trends. Because who doesn't want to look good and feel like they are in their PJs, am I right?
Here are a few of my favorites. I say head out to Southdale Center and grab one (or two) before Thanksgiving (because everyone likes cute, comfortable and stretchy clothing for turkey day)!
Macy's DKNY Three-Quarter Sleeve Zipper Embellished Sweatshirt
I love this sweatshirt because it is simple, yet so polished. I love the batwing sleeves, and the zippers add such a fun and unique touch without being overstated.
Herbergers BCBGeneration Faux Leather Embellished Sweatshirt
This sweatshirt mixes one of my favorite trends, faux leather, with a cute and cozy sweatshirt. I think this sweatshirt is cute enough to wear with a pencil skirt or jeans...day to night! I love it.
The Buckle Miss Me Raw Edge Sweatshirt
I love the look of a raw edge sweatshirt, especially with this boat neck neckline. It's sort of a throwback to the 80s (think Flashdance), with a kick. I love the applique on the neckline.
NY & Co. Rhinestone and Beaded Sweatshirt
Again, another sweatshirt that can be worn day to night. I love how this sweatshirt can layer so perfectly over a chambray shirt. And the rhinestones and beading are just right...not too flashy at all.
Is this a look that you like? Do you own any embellished sweatshirts? If not, I say run, not walk, to Southdale to buy yourself one!
Fall Trend: Black Leather
Posted Oct 22 // Megan and Nora
Black leather is definitely one of the hottest trends this season. You can find black leather or faux leather pants, skirts, dresses, coats and accessories everywhere you look. Even basics, like sweatshirts and tees, are getting a face lift with hot leather accents! Wearing black leather is such an easy way to add a bit of fun and edge to your wardrobe, and while wearing leather may seem a bit intimidating, it is really easy! The key is to balance the edgy leather with more classic or basic pieces. Think black leather pants with a soft, cozy sweater, or a black leather pencil skirt with a basic white tee! Here are a few of my favorite leather pieces for fall!
Imitation Leather Pants//H&M//$34.95
Calcasieu Lake Printed Tee//Francesca's//$34
Leather and Ponte Skirt//LOFT//$158
(Minus The) Leather Sleeve Ruffled Trench Coat//Express//$128
Long Sleeve Band Detail Sweatshirt//Arden B.//$49
Leather Pyramid Bracelet//Michael Kors//$165
Faux-Leather Hooded Vest//Wet Seal//$25.99
Faux Leather Pocket Cardigan//The Limited//$79.95
Madison New Mini Satchel//Coach//$298
As usual, you can find all of these items at Southdale Center! Be sure to add a little leather to your closet this fall!
xoxo, two birds
Winter Wishlist: Sephora
Posted Nov 25 // Megan and Nora
I love Sephora. I could wander the aisles of their Southdale store for hours and hours. Makeup, hair products, perfume, nail polish, plus all the beauty tools you could ever wish for...all in one room! What more could a girl ask for!? I put together a little list of just a few of the things I am coveting from Sephora this winter!
Stila In The Light Palette // $39
I love Stila eye shadow palettes. This gorgeous collection of colors is perfect for all skin tones and would be just right for all of those upcoming holiday parties!
Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil // $48
I don't know about you, but my skin and hair get super dry during the cold months. This Argan oil would be a lifesaver because it has so many uses, including hydrating and nourishing skin, daily moisturizing, skin treatment, treating spilt ends and softening cuticles. Awesome!
Tarte Amazonian Clay and Annatto Body Bronzer // $37
This bronzer will not only give you that sun-kissed glow that we all desire during the long, cold winter, but it also nourishes and balances skin and can be used all over your body!
Shiseido Perfect Rouge // $25
When the weather gets cold, dark and dreary, a classic red lip can really brighten things up! This one also provides all-day moisture! Bonus!
Sephora Collection Ultimate Travel Brush Set // $75
This pro-quality brush set would be perfect for all of the traveling I do during the holidays. Plus, I love the bright red color and the bold, red snakeskin case!
Alterna Bamboo Luminous Shine Mist // $24
My hair tends to get frizzy and dull when the weather changes. This sheer styling mist is perfect for adding a bit of polish and shine while also eliminating those pesky flyaways!
Dior Miss Dior Eau de Parfum // $90
I think a woody, earthy perfume is perfect for wintertime. This one is sophisticated and elegant.
Have you checked out Sephora at Southdale Center? What's currently on your beauty wishlist?
xoxo, two birds
Mad About Plaid
Posted Nov 15 // Megan and Nora
Plaid is always a fashion staple during the fall and winter seasons, especially in Minnesota. Cozy, oversized, flannel shirts and soft, wool plaid scarves are not only stylish, but also incredibly functional during the cold months. But plaid is not just for shirts and scarves anymore. The pattern is popping up everywhere, from skirts and pants, to shoes and bags and everything in between! Plaid is so versatile and fun to wear, it is easy to dress is up or down, and it comes in multiple colors! Here are some of my favorite plaid pieces from Southdale Center!
Jessica Simpson Coat // Macy's // $139.99 (on sale!!!)
Dooney & Bourke Tartan Shopper // Herberger's // $198
Buffalo Plaid Mini // Banana Republic // $79.50
Dr. Martens Hackney 7-Eye Boot // Journeys // $74.99
Plaid Flannel Shirtdress // Gap // $59.95
Barbour Tartan Plaid Scarf // Madewell // $79
Cotton Shirt // H&M // $12.45 (on sale!!!)
Do you have a favorite plaid piece? How will you wear the plaid trend this season?
xoxo, two birds
Have you Shopped Marshalls at Southdale?
Posted Oct 15 // Megan and Nora
Any time I need a new item of clothing or shoes, I head to Marshalls. They really do have it all; you can get classic and timeless pieces, or seasonal trends. The Southdale Marshalls also has one of the best shoe selections around, and don't even get me started on their amazing purse and bag selection.
There were two pieces that I really wanted to add to my wardrobe ~ a pair of elastic hem black pants and a perfectly cozy knit sweater. I happened to find both at Marshalls on two separate occasions. The pants are amazing. It feels like I am wearing a pair of sweat pants or pajamas, but they are so cute and stylish. And the sweater, let's talk about this sweater. Everyone in Minnesota needs a cozy sweater. I love this one not only because it's cute and comfy, but it also has the element of surprise with the woven pattern in the back.
These are just two of the items I have found at Marshalls. They change their inventory often, so every time you shop, it's a new and exciting shopping adventure.
Stop in at Marshalls and find yourself the perfect outfit. While you're there, take a gander in their home section, it's not just clothes, you know!
Fall Weekend-Wear for Men!
Posted Sep 30 // Megan and Nora
We talk a lot about women's fashion and beauty on this blog, but we care about the men too! We want all the men in our lives to look great this season! That's why we found eight awesome pieces that every man will want to wear this fall. We hope you're listening guys!
1. Shawl Collar Cardigan//$130//Banana Republic
2. Classic Plaid Shirt//$59.95//Eddie Bauer
3. Cashmere V-Neck Sweater//$225//J. Crew
4. Slim Fit Jean//$79.90//Express
5. Wool Bahama Chukka Boot//$85//Sperry Top-Sider
6. Pronto Blue Scarf//$29.99//Men's Wearhouse
7. Asymmetrical Jacket//$69.95//H&M
8. Slub V-Neck Tee//$19.95//Gap
With these eight pieces you will be ready for whatever the weekend throws at you! A trip to the apple orchard? Bring it on! A drive along the river to see the changing leaves followed by hot apple cider on a patio? We've got you covered! A backyard bonfire with friends? You will be the best dressed guy there! Head to Southdale Center to pick up these great fall essentials. You will not be sorry!
xoxo, two birds
What to Wear for Thanksgiving: Madewell Edition
Posted Nov 27 // Megan and Nora
Thanksgiving is a tough holiday to dress for. I like to wear pieces that are comfortable and roomy enough so that I am able to happily stuff my face with all the mashed potatoes, stuffing and pumpkin pie that my heart desires! But I want to look stylish, not frumpy! Madewell, at Southdale Center, is the perfect place to look for comfortable, relaxed, functional clothing that is still super fashionable and cool! So you can look chic and still be cozy! This is the outfit I want to wear on Thanksgiving!
1. The Lonny Boot // $238
2. Coffeeshop Cardigan // $82
3. SkarGorn Thorn Slim Slouch Jeans // $148
4. Pave Arrowstack Necklace // $58.50 (on sale!)
5. Chainlink Stacking Rings // $28
6. Linen New York New York Tee // $49.50
What are you wearing for Thanksgiving? Whatever it is, Southdale Center is sure to have what you are looking for! And be sure to stop by Madewell and shop all of their fabulous items!
xoxo, two birds