Southdale Center is the nation’s first indoor regional shopping mall. The center, which opened in 1956, is anchored by Macy’s, Herberger's and jcpenney. Southdale includes over 120 specialty stores ranging from women's apparel to gifts and jewelry. Among the 120 specialty stores are Michael Kors, Madewell, Brighton Collectibles, Francesca's Collections, Sephora, Coach and The Apple Store. Also at this mall we have exquisite dining options from sit down places such as Cheesecake Factroy and P.F Changs to grab and go choices such as Qdoba Mexican Grill and Panda Express and to top it all off, consider making it dinner and a movie at our 16 screen AMC Megaplex. Conveniently located off of 66th and France Ave. Southdale serves the nearby communities of Edina, Richfield, Bloomington, Eden Prairie, Minneapolis and St. Louis Park. So from the entire team at Southdale Center, we hope that you will visit us soon.
Southdale Center® is open today from 10am to 9pm.// VIEW ALL HOURS
- Monday to Saturday
- 10am - 9pm
- 11am - 6pm
- We offer free wireless internet to our shoppers at this Simon mall. Any shopper with a Wi-Fi enabled laptop, tablet or smartphone can easily log onto the Wi-Fi network. All shoppers have to do is open their web browser or select "Simon WiFi" (the SSID name) from their available list of wireless networks to get to the Simon Malls Wi-Fi landing page. All shoppers that choose to use the Wi-Fi network at this mall must agree to Simon Wi-Fi Terms & Conditions of Use prior to using this free service. If there are any issues or questions, shoppers and tenants should contact the Wi-Fi network technical support hotline at (888) 726-5930 for assistance.
- Order your travel money online for convenient home delivery. Did you know that some Simon mall locations also include retail Travelex stores for your convenience. Travelex is the world's largest retail foreign currency exchange specialist, with over 1000 stores around the world. We can provide you with over 75 foreign currencies as well as a Cash Passport that can be pre-loaded with either Pounds or Euros and includes chip & PIN technology, a must when traveling in Europe. To get started, visit <a href="http://onlinetravelcurrency.com/mtwid000136/Home?utm_source=Simon&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=1249">Travelex now</a>.
- You can charge your phone while you are shopping. Conveniently located Device Charging Stations allow visitors to charge their phones, tablets, and other communication devices while enjoying the mall. The Charging Station features comfortable seating - and is the perfect spot to rest and recharge!
- <p>Find the perfect gift at Guest Services, a gift card. What you give is what they get with the American Express® Simon Giftcard®. Now no fees after purchase and funds do not expire! Gift cards are available in any denomination between $20 to $500 and can be used at any Simon® mall and the millions of merchants that accept American Express Cards in the U.S.</p><p>Use only at US merchants that accept American Express Cards except cruise lines and casinos. Not for use at ATMs or for recurring payments. Not redeemable for cash. No fees after purchase. For more information, customer service, or Cardholder Agreement visit simongiftcard.com or call 1-800-331-5479. Issued by AEPCMC by license from American Express Travel Related Services Co., Inc.</p>
- Located on the Main level in The District near Len Druskin as well as at Guest Services, on the second level near JCPenney's, on the third level at the Food Court, and in each of our Security Vehicles.
- Located in all public restrooms.
- The Simon Malls Mobile App can help you find your favorite stores, dining and entertainment options at the Simon Mall nearest you. You'll also be able to check out the latest deals and events available at your favorite mall right from your phone. And there are many more features designed to enhance your shopping experience including mall maps & gift card balance check. Download the free app from the App Store℠ for iOS powered devices or from Google Play™ for Android powered devices today. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.
- Located at Guest Services on the Main Level. High valued items such as money, wallets, purses, jewelry, cell phones, or credit cards cannot be claimed on Sundays.
- Available seven days a week beginning at 8:00 AM. Lower level is .06 miles around, first level is .70 miles, second level is .62 miles, and third level is .22 miles. Walking distance maps are available at Guest Services located on the Main Level.
- Free surface and deck parking available.
- Adjacent to Metro Transit bus stop at Door 13; Metro Transit offers routes directly to Southdale Center. Taxi services are also available.
- Shopping bags for sale at Guest Services located on the Main Level for $.50 each.
- Kidgits is a fun-filled, child-friendly program with special events, giveaways and prizes for members! Click "Mall Events and Programs" for details about our upcoming events!
- SmartCart located at Mall Entrance nearest to Ruby Tuesday.
- Available at Directory/Telephone combo by Caribou Coffee kisok.
- Ticketmaster, the world's leading live entertainment ticketing company, now has a retail location at select Simon® Malls Guest Services Booths. You can access event information and purchase tickets at Guest Services to a wide range of venues and entertainment options including sporting events, museums, theaters, performing arts and family shows. Did you purchase tickets from Ticketmaster online? You can conveniently pick them up at our mall. Stop by Simon Guest Services for all of your Ticketmaster ticketing needs.
- Complimentary valet parking available for Cheesecake Factory and P.F. Chang's customers!
- Available at Guest Services located on the Main Level. Complimentary with a valid I.D. of no monetary value; I.D. returned when wheelchair/electric cart is returned.
Part Time Security Officer Position at Southdale Center
Email resumes to David Moredock email@example.com
1. Must be at least 18 years old.
3. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
4. Ability to provide excellent customer service. Customer service
5. Effective communicator (orally and written).
6. Flexibility to work beyond typical business hours, to include
periodic evening and weekend work.
7. Applicants must be able to pass a Criminal Background Investigation
and Drug Screening.
8. Able to drive a vehicle
9. Able to walk long distances
10. Computer Literate
Andrews International is an Affirmative Action/EE
Job Description: Andrews International (AI), headquartered in Los
Angeles, California is a full service provider of security and risk
mitigation services; and one of the five largest private security
service providers in the United States. The firms portfolio includes
uniformed security, consulting and investigations, personal
protection, special event security, training, alarm monitoring and
response, and disaster and emergency response services in all 50
states and internationally to a wide range of Fortune 500 Corporations.
Conduct unarmed foot and/or vehicle patrol (interior and/or exterior)
of client site/property; control access; monitor CCTV and alarm
systems. Detect suspicious activities and watch for criminal acts or
client rule infractions at or near assigned post which may be a threat
to the property, client or employees at site. Respond in a timely
manner to all accidents and incidents including emergencies, fires,
alarms, bomb threats, and intrusions by following emergency response
proceedings in accordance with the Operating Procedure. Investigate
and write reports on all incidents and accidents. Seek opportunities
with customer and tenants and be friendly, helpful and attentive to
enhance their experience at the property. Report to work on time and
complete shift assignments (including overtime, if assigned) in
assigned complete clean uniform. Understand and successfully executes
his/her post orders including the enforcement of client rules and
regulations, as well as company policies. Perform additional
functions, duties and specific tasks of a similar nature and scope as
necessary in order to achieve assigned business objectives.
Start Date: 4/23/2014
Join us this Saturday for the BIGGEST (& free) Bump Club Twin Cities event of the year! Family pics from Bellasaluti, crafts with The Home Depot, music classes with Ensemble Music, The Great Cloth Diaper Change and SO MUCH MORE!http://www.simon.com/mall/southdale-center/stream/growing-green-babies-1200197 CharityChildrenMall EventSpecial Shopping April 23, 2014
Start Date: 4/21/2014
Before the handmade cards, sweet bouquets and cozy breakfast in bed, Southdale Center is inviting Twin Cities' chicest Mom's to celebrate Mother's Day in style.
Join us on May 8th from 5:00pm - 8:00pm for Indulge: A Stylish Treat for Mothers.
One fabulous (and free) night of fashion, music, food, shopping, beauty and fun!
Start Date: 11/2/2012
Here’s a gift with Shower Power! Our exclusive Bubble Umbrella in Flower Shower, may just make you say, “Let it rain!” The clear bubble design with colorful graphic elements offers plenty of protection. It’s yours with a Vera Bradley purchase of $100 or more from April 21 – 30.http://www.simon.com/mall/southdale-center/stream/bubble-umbrella-gift-with-purchase-1174277 Jewelry, Watches & AccessoriesLuggage, Handbags & TravelWomen's Apparel & Fashion April 21, 2014
Let us style you for Mother's Day and all the special occasions on your busy calendar. Bring your mom, your daughter, or a mentor - it's time to celebrate the special women in your life.
Get a dose of inspiration from momtrepreneur-owned Quinn Popcorn and a free gift while quantities last!
Enjoy complimentary refreshments
And, we'll have a special offer exclusively for attendees
Space is Limited, RSVP NOW!
The Limited Southdale
firstname.lastname@example.org://www.simon.com/mall/southdale-center/stream/mothers-day-event-1196686 Personal ServicesWomen's Apparel & Fashion April 15, 2014
Join us at BareMinerals for our largest product launch ever!
On May 17th And May 18th we will be launching "BareSkin", our new serum foundation.
Our event is from 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM.
Come see us!http://www.simon.com/mall/southdale-center/stream/bareskin-by-bareminerals-1171457 Luggage, Handbags & Travel April 14, 2014
A New Portrait for the New Year!!
with free sitting fees
plus 20% off portrait collections
traditional portrait sheets
$3.99 ea. reg. $10 ea.
——--——— or ——--———
$7.99 portrait package
one 8x10, two 5x7s, four 3½x5s & 16 wallets
Children's & Infant's ApparelHobbies & CraftsPersonal ServicesTeen Apparel & FashionToys & Games February 13, 2014
schedule appointments and find studio
locations at jcpportraits.com
Spend Your Rainy Day Weekends at Southdale Center
Posted Apr 23 // Megan and Nora
Minnesota weather is finally starting to look up, but even though the sun peeks its head out frequently, we are still experiencing a few rainy days here and there. After all, it's still April! If you need to get out of the house, but don't want to mess up your hair, Southdale has so much you can do....by yourself, on a date, or with the whole family!
Here's a few of my favorite Saturday ideas.
1. Shopping, of course. Make it a girls' day out! Head to H&M, Madewell, Francescas, and Dry Goods. Shop til you drop, but save enough energy for some nachos and margaritas at Rojo Mexican Grill!
2. Treat yourself. Whether your a mom who needs a break or a student who is stressing over finals, Southdale's got you covered. Head to See's Candies and pick yourself up a little chocolate treat (after all chocolate is good for your heart!), and then relax at Zen Experience Massage and Wellness for a relaxing massage. Of course afterwards you will want a little Starbucks pick-me-up (so you can circle back to #1 and shop some more)!
3. Make yourself over. Head to Aveda for a perfume consultation and make yourself a brand new scent. Then head to Sephora for all of your face and body essentials. You could even head to Macy's for a few make-up tips from their professional artists! Oh, and then circle back to #1 and shop a little for a few outfits. You deserve it!
4. Did you know Southdale Center has a play area for kids? It's padded and walled and full of fun times for your kids. Grab a burrito from Qdoba or a soft pretzel to share from Pretzelmaker. Sit back and watch the kids have a blast.
5. After playtime, head to AMC Southdale 16 and catch a fun movie. Or get a sitter and catch a matinee with your date, followed by drinks and dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. Maybe even a little shopping! (You can never go wrong with a little shopping!)
The possibilities are endless at Southdale, whether you're looking to shop, eat, or spend time with your family. Head on out on the next rainy (or even sunny) day and treat yourself. You deserve it!
Music Festival Season: Two Head to Toe Looks from Wet Seal!
Posted Apr 19 // Megan and Nora
There are so many outdoor music festivals going on around the country and coming up locally, in Minnesota! And with festival season upon us, it is time to start shopping for the perfect music fest looks! The key for these looks is to be comfortable while still looking cool and chic. You will be outdoors, surrounded by thousands of other festival goers, dancing for hours. You'll want your clothing to be lightweight and your shoes to be cozy. I have put together two super cute and festival appropriate looks with items from Wet Seal. Both looks give off a boho chic vibe while still being comfortable. And the best part? Both outfits are right around $100...for the entire look! You can't beat that!
Strappy Faux Suede Sandal // $18.90
Highway Fray Bottom Shortall // $32.90
Tribal Crop Tank // $16.90
Wire Frame Sunglasses // $7.50
Tribal Fringe Open Cardi // $28.90
Crochet Hem Floral Tank // $18.90
Racerback Destroyed Vest // $26.90
Marbled Horn Long Necklace // $8.50
Hidden High Waist Skinny Jeans // $36.90
Laser Cut Thong Sandal // $16.90
Be sure to head to the Southdale Wet Seal for all of your music festival wares! We are certain that you'll find all you need, and more! Have fun this festival season!
xoxo, two birds
Mini Retreat is our April special
$38.50 for 35min
Scalp massage, hand and arm massage, foot massage.
You decide how long you want on each
Please call for appointments: 952.922.3600http://www.simon.com/mall/southdale-center/stream/mini-retreat-1178378 Health, Bath & BeautyPersonal Services April 16, 2014
Posted Feb 19 // Megan and Nora
If you has asked me 10 years ago if I would ever wear a romper (again), I for sure would have said no. I know they say that if you have worn a trend once, you're not supposed to wear it again, but you know what...I never listened to that rule. If I had, I would never wear skinny jeans, leggings, legwarmers, or hoop earrings again. So when you say jump(suit), I say how high!
Here are a few of my favorites.
I am loving this Emerald Sundae Belted Jumpsuit from Macy's. It is both chic and stylish, and it also looks cozy and comfy. Pair it with some flats for a day at the beach, or some heels and a statement necklace for a night on the town.
This Split-Sleeve Chiffon Romper from Arden B. is making me swoon a little bit. The color is so beautiful and universally flattering, and it gives you the feel of wearing a dress, with the comfort of shorts. That's a win/win in my book!
Can we talk about this Birdslife Romper from Madewell for a second? I am in love...I can just see myself sitting under a tree on the beach, reading a book in this romper. Doesn't that sound perfect? OK, maybe add a little drink with an umbrella in it.
Clearly I am thinking Spring already, but in all honesty, these rompers can be work all year round. Throw on some tights, a cute leather bomber jacket, and some awesome booties, and you've got a winter get up. Or simply heeled sandals and a wide-rimmed hat, and you're set for summer.
Which do you prefer? Either way, head to Southdale Center and find yourself the perfect romper!
Rainy Day Fashion: Stylish Raincoats and Boots!
Posted Apr 3 // Megan and Nora
It's April which, in Minnesota, means lots of rain. I love the Spring rainfalls! They assist in melting all the yucky snow that's still lingering and help the tulips and lilacs and green grass bloom and grow. But, most importantly, when it rains I get to wear a cute raincoat and rain boots! There are so many stylish, yet still very functional, rain coats and boots out there. I scoured the racks and shelves at Southdale Center and paired some of my favorite raincoats with some cute, modern rain boots to create five polished and fashionable looks. You can always look chic, even on the rainiest of days!
Rainstorm Jacket // Madewell // $138
Hunter Original Tall Boot // Victoria's Secret // $140
Collection Linen Slicker // J. Crew // $350
Rocky Top Rain Boot // Francesca's // $19.99 (on sale!!!)
RipPac Rain Jacket // Eddie Bauer // $80
Chooka Mid Rain Boot // Eddie Bauer // $60
Betsy Johnson Double Breasted Trench // Macy's // $180
Dr. Martens 1460 Drench Rubber Boot // Journeys // $109.99
DKNY Colorblock Raincoat // Herberger's // $140 (on sale!!!)
Pelican Too Rain Boot // Sperry Top-Sider // $78
These stylish pairings have me wishing for rainy days! Be sure to head to Southdale Center and stock up on your stormy day gear! See you there!
xoxo, two birds
Spring Trend: The Crop Top
Posted Feb 21 // Megan and Nora
Crop tops were all over the Spring runways and are sure to be a huge trend in the coming months. And while a belly-baring top may seem like a tough trend to wear in real life, I don't think it has to be. Try pairing a cute cropped tank with high-waisted jeans or a skirt. Or layer a cropped tee over a longer, more fitted tank top. Or throw on a cute crop top under a longer boyfriend cardigan or a denim jacket! There are so many ways to wear this trend and there is really no reason to shy away! Especially when Francesca's has so many cute crop tops from which to choose! Check out some of my favorites:
Quinn Floral Pom Crop Top // $34
I adore the pom pom trim on this top! It's such a fun, unexpected detail. This tank would look so cute with a pair of wide-legged, high-waisted jeans. Add a pair of strappy wedges and a simple necklace and you're ready to go!
Palms Crochet Crop Top // $28
The fringe detail and crochet pattern on this top gives it such a fun, boho vibe. I can easily see this one paired with jean shorts and gladiator sandals for a casual day look. Once the sun goes down, throw on a flirty, party skirt, some sky high heels, and a bold red lip, and you're ready for a night on the town!
Laguna Floral Crop Top // $24
The daisies on this top are so cheerful and fun! I would pair this tank with a pair of light wash skinny jeans and clogs for an easy, casual daytime look! It would also be super cute with a solid color bodycon skirt and booties!
Key West Fringed Crop Top // $28
I am really loving fringe for spring! This top would look super adorable worn with skinny jeans, a fitted denim jacket, and some wedge sneakers! Throw on a statement necklace if you're feeling fancy!
What do you think of the crop top trend? Would you wear any of these looks? Luckily for me, winter is still going strong here, so that gives me time to work on my abs before trying this trend! Until then, I will be dreaming of spring and shopping all of these looks, and more, at Southdale Center!
xoxo, two birds
Madewell Promotion: April 11 – April 13
Posted Apr 10 // Megan and Nora
I have a horrible confession, I don't own a pair of Madewell jeans. Everyone, and I mean everyone keeps telling me to get a pair; that they fit like a dream and are high-quality denim. And I agree. So I am taking their advice, and I'm going to head to Madewell this weekend to buy a pair.
And you know what? This is the perfect weekend to do it because they are offering a huge promotion.
Here are the details:
Date: Friday through Sunday (4/11 - 4/13)
Where: Valid only at Madewell stores at participating Simon Malls
Special Offer: 20% off any purchase of $125 or more when shopper shows email, text, Facebook or twitter post, or blog post to sales associate.
So here's what you can get with your 20% discount:
The Skinny crop jeans in pure white. I have been on the hunt for the perfect pair of white jeans, and now is the right time. I mean, we hit 70 this week! Originally these are $128, but with the discount, you can get them for $102.40.
If white jeans aren't your thing, no worries, Madewell has all kinds of colors! These Skinny Skinny jeans in waterfall wash are one of my favorites. The wash and cut is so flattering on any body! Try them on, you won't regret it! Like the white jeans, you can get these for $102.40 with the discount.
Now I know everyone is looking for that perfect pair of boyfriend jeans. Look no further...these Rivet & Thread stretch jeans are equal parts comfy and stylish. They are perfect for wearing during your Southdale shopping excursion!! Originally $215, you can get them for $172!
You might not think that overalls are your style, but why not at least try a pair on? These Park overalls are so stylish, and so comfortable. Throw on a fun crop tank and you're set for the beach. With the discount, these babies are $118.40.
So head to the Southdale Madewell this weekend...you won't regret it. We all know how hard it is to find that perfectly fitting jean, but it doesn't have to be. You'll like Madewells' jeans so much, you just might buy more than one pair!
Have fun shopping!
April Showers Bring May Florals
Posted Mar 31 // Megan and Nora
I have always loved floral print. It used to be that you could only find it on a dress, or maybe a blouse. But these days, it's everywhere, from shoes to hats. With the temperatures rising, I think we are all probably feeling the urge to throw on our springiest clothes and run around the parks!
Don't know what to wear? Don't worry, Southdale's got you covered.
While you might not be thinking about swimsuits quite yet, how can you not when Madewell makes them this cute? The bright floral print is all the encouragement I need to brave the beaches this summer!
If you're not quite bikini ready yet, this beautiful Jun & Ivy floral blouse from Francescas will give you the floral oomph you need! I love the tunic shape, and the light, airy feel. Pair this with some white skinny jeans and some fun sandals, and you're still set for the beach!
How gorgeous is this ink drawn silk floral scarf from The Loft? The colors are so delicate, and it would really tie together any spring outfit, be it jeans, business attire, or a flowy maxi skirt!
Spring wouldn't be complete without a flouncy floral dress. This one from Dry Goods is perfect with its lace neckline and perfect periwinkle hue!
Maybe you don't love too much floral. If that's the case, than this Kate Spade floral necklace from Macy's if just for you! Pair it with a plain white tee and some boyfriend jeans, and you're set for the day!
What's your favorite way to wear florals?
How to Get Perfect Spring Skin
Posted Mar 26 // Megan and Nora
It's got to get warmer soon, right? Right? I know it will, and with these few weeks before it does, I plan on getting my skin Spring ready, from head to toe. And I can get everything I need from Sephora. Here's what I need.
Starting with my face, I need a gentle exfoliator that won't irritate my sensitive skin. I love the Origins brand. This face wash has a beautiful fresh scent, and because it's an Origins product, it is free of parabens, sulfates, and GMOs. It's gentle enough to not harm or irritate your skin, but effective enough to slough off old skin, leaving your face fresh and luminous!
After washing, I love a cool mist. Add in the gorgeous smell of lavender, and this Josie Maran Lavender Mist is a winner. Your skin will be refreshed and you'll smell like spring!
This origins A Perfect World moisturizer is one of my all-time favorites. It glides on your face so smoothly, leaving it baby soft. And it has the freshest white tea scent that is not too overpowering. And it has SPF 25...all face moisturizers should have SPF!
Soap & Glory's Scrub 'Em and Leave "em is fabulous for exfoliating your body. The sea salt mixed with oils, including one of my favorites, jojoba, leaves your whole body radiant and smooth.
L'Occitane makes some of the best lotions. They are thick and comforting without being to greasy, and leave your hand soft, even after a few washes. This hand cream, made with shea butter, is so soft and moisturizing, that your hands will soon forget it was ever winter.
Clarisonic makes this amazing Pedi-Boost. And this is the one we probably all need the most after a long winter. Our poor feet have been ignored for months. Well no worries, this peel will slough off the dead and dry skin in no time!
Hopefully I only have a few weeks until Spring weather actually arrives in Minnesota, and you can bet I will be using that time to get my toes (and the rest of my body) Spring ready!
Spring Sandals Under $50
Posted Mar 22 // Megan and Nora
Spring is upon us! I can feel it in the air! The snow is melting, the birds are chirping, and that can only mean one thing: it's sandal season! I love sandals, but since the season to wear them here in Minnesota is quite short, I don't like spending an arm and a leg buying them. That's why it is so great that the stores at Southdale Center have such an amazing sandal selection at such great prices! I can stock up on my favorite footwear without breaking the bank! Here are some of my favorite sandals for under $50.
Mia Gumdrop Sandal // Journeys // $49.99
These are the perfect everyday sandal! Simple, neutral, and easy to throw on with just about anything! How cute would these look with denim shorts and a simple tee?
Tribal Strappy Wedge // Wet Seal // $29.90
These are bold, trendy, and fun! I love the pop of neon, too! Throw these on with a little black dress and a denim jacket and you're ready to go!
Madden Girl Hiighfiv Demi Wedge // Francesca's // $49.99
These would be my go-to spring wedge! They look so comfy and I love that they have a little height. With a pair of cropped skinnies and a colorful, flowy tank? Perfection!
Mazzy Flip Flop // Banana Republic // $39.50
Everybody needs a basic flip flop. Why not go for one in a bright, springlike color? I love these fun, hot pink ones.
Flat Black Sandals // H&M // $34.95
This is such a great pair of sandals. Basic black, so they will go with anything. And I love that the metal detail gives them a bit of edge. These would look so great with a maxi dress!
Ankle Strap Wedge Clog // Express // $41.93
I love the boho vibe of these clogs. I am picturing them with some high-waisted, flared denim and a crochet cropped tank! So chic and cool!
Do you love sandals as much as I do? Which is your favorite pair? Since they're all under $50, that means I can buy them all, right?
xoxo, two birds
8 of Our Favorite Spring Sunglasses
Posted Mar 28 // Megan and Nora
We all have a pair (or five) of sunglasses in our purse or scattered throughout our car! They are definitely a necessity on a bright, Spring day! Whether you are a classic aviator or Wayfarer gal, are drawn to a dramatic cat eye, crave an over-sized movie star style, love the funky embellished look, or go for a trendy heart shape, Southdale Center has what you need! Here are eight of our favorite sunglasses styles for Spring!
1. Hepcat Shades // Madewell // $55
2. Ray-Ban Erika Sunglasses // J. Crew // $115
3. Jenni Sunglasses // Banana Republic // $98
4. Heart Shaped Sunglasses with Roses // Claire's // $12
5. Camilia Cat Eye Sunglasses // Michael Kors // $99
6. Wildcard Aviators // Francesca's // $14
7. Gold Detail SUnglasses // H&M // $9.95
8. Tara Sunglasses // Coach // $138
What is your favorite sunglasses style?
xoxo, two birds
Layering for Summer: Vests
Posted Mar 20 // Megan and Nora
I don't know about you, but I have a ton of fun summer sundresses. Some days I wear them plain with a cute pair of sandals...perfect for running errands or weekend wear. But other days I like to dress them up a bit. I think layering is such a great way to dress up a sundress (or jeans or shorts or skirts). And what a better way to layer than with a fun summer vest.
Vest aren't just for winter anymore! Here are a few of my favorites.
This Say What? Tribal vest from Macy's would be perfect over a sleek black maxi dress. Or how fun would it be over a flouncy little red dress? Even paired with a tank and some boyfriend jeans, it would make the perfect statement.
I think a utility vest is a must have for any season. This Layton Anorak vest from Francesca's is perfect for layering pretty much any outfit. The ivory color is definitely more fitting towards Spring and Summer than it's olive counterpart that we have been seeing all over. Some cute denim cut-offs and a graphic tee would be perfect under this vest. Or try it with a little black dress and some Converse sneakers. It's the perfect piece to "weekendize" any outfit!
Another must-have for warmer weather is a denim vest. I love the cut and color of this jean vest from Madewell. Try it with a maxi skirt and soft v-neck tee, or even double up on the denim with some cropped skinnies and a loose floral tank. The possibilities are endless!
Do you own a summer vest? Would you wear one? If not, head to Southdale Center and buy one (or three) for all of your summer layering needs!
Start Date: 4/23/2014
Come visit Southdale Center for Rhea Lana's Children's Consignment Event.
It is located in the former Marshall's space on the lower level beneath Center Court
The event is April 30th - May 5th during all mall hours.
http://www.simon.com/mall/southdale-center/stream/rhea-lana-charity-event-1202299 CharityChildrenMall Event April 23, 2014