About Simon |
Careers with Simon |
The primary purpose of the role is to facilitate creative solutions to programmatic requirements, understanding the Simon business model and objectives. The incumbent will interact with Simon team members (Development, Leasing, Property Management, SBV, Project Management, Civil Engineering, etc) to establish Project specific goals and solutions. He/She will present proposed Project design solutions to Simon Senior Management for comment and direction, and translate design direction to Consultant Team for successful implementation. As it relates to design, the Design Manager operates as the “Quarterback”, collecting and interpreting direction from the Simon team (Coaches) and relaying to team players (Consultant Team) who execute the game plan
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
· Sponsor for all design issues concerning the Project during the design process and during construction, taking responsibility for continually reinforcing those goals with the Project Team while being respectful to the Project budget and schedule.
· Provides Project design input and comments in team meetings and formulates solutions to allow the tenant’s needs to be satisfied within the building constraints.
· Evaluate given leasing requirements and provide alternate solutions to meet Project goals.
· Communicate to the Project Consultant Team overall goals for the Project including the program, aesthetics, budget and schedule.
· Participate in continual Value Engineering sessions to assure the overall design goals are met.
· Provide support in establishing scope of service and appropriate budgets for services by Project Architect, Project Designer and other design professionals.
· Review the design concepts and drawings for the Project and provide feedback, design suggestions and alternatives to assist in meeting Simon goals for the Project.
· Provide information to consultants regarding the “back of house” and “Management Areas” requirements based on operating properties needs and Simon design criteria.
· Establish a schedule, scope and agenda of materials for presentation to Senior Management.
· Present Project design to Senior Management (individually or in groups) to secure the necessary approvals.
· Make necessary site visits for Project meetings to review progress of construction and mock-ups and participate in resolving design related problems.
· Assist the Director of Specialty Tenant Coordination in preparing the design criteria for the Tenant Handbooks and review specific tenant design submittals as required.
· Review submittals for design intent for all Anchor tenants.
· Provide input for the procurement and installation of all furnishings, fixtures, amenities, signage and graphics.
· Architectural Degree – Master’s Degree preferred
· Architectural License
· 10 years experience minimum
· Prior retail mall design experience required
Mobile Site |
Find a Mall |
Contact Us |
Become An Insider |
Simon Youth Foundation |
Copyright © 2013 Simon Property Group, L.P. All Rights Reserved.
By continuing past this page and/or using this site, you agree to abide by the
use of any information on this site. View our