About Simon |
Careers with Simon |
PRIMARY PURPOSE: This position is responsible for revenue generation through the sale of property and media assets as well as the creation, development and implementation of the overall strategic marketing direction of the shopping center. The Director of Marketing will be responsible for marketing and selling the assets of the mall to consumers, advertisers, marketing companies, and the surrounding business community.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
· Sales/Revenue Generation- Identifies/creates and sells revenue opportunities through strategic positioning of mall assets, media assets, and mall programming in order to achieve the financial sales goals of the property.
· Execution of Partner Programs- Flawlessly executes all national and/or regional SBV programs and initiatives at the field level. Coordinate shopping center visual merchandising, signage and advertising programs.
· Strategic Marketing- Develop and execute an annual marketing plan which strategically utilizes all platform programs, supports the corporate marketing objectives and positively impacts the center’s core financial objectives EBIDTA, SBV income, leasing, sales, overage rent, traffic and market share. Implements and drives the center’s gift card program.
· Financial Accountability- Creates annual marketing budget based on retailer dues, allocating mandatory expenses, discretionary expenses and media expenses as appropriate to support platform programming, Simon initiatives and brand messaging in order to achieve center objectives. Maximizes marketing dollars by analyzing ROI.
· Retailer Intensification- Responsible for developing and implementing retailer intensification strategies. Promotes platform program opportunities to retailers securing retailer offers to enhance programming.
· Public Relations Development/Constituency Communication- Responsible for developing and implementing programs to establish and maintain favorable community and public relations to enhance the image and position of the center in the community. Maintain effective media relations by fielding media calls and preparing responses.
· Guest Services- Oversees management and budget of the Guest Services including the hiring and training of Guest Service Manager, assistance in hiring GS Associates and monitoring job performance of all Guest Services staff.
· A BA or BS degree with emphasis in marketing or business with 4-6 years previous experience in sales, sponsorship, strategic marketing, event management and budgeting.
· Knowledge of retail management, marketing and advertising and working knowledge of the media industry
· Exceptional negotiating skills
· Event planning experience
· Well-developed oral and written skills
· Sound fiscal management and budgeting skills
· Excellent word processing, Excel and Power Point skills
· Flexibility to work varied schedules including weekends and evenings
· Some overnight travel required.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, selling and negotiation skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy when interacting with others
· Ability to think strategically
· Strong organization and coordination skills
· Strong team building and coaching skills
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
Mobile Site |
Find a Mall |
Contact Us |
Become An Insider |
Simon Youth Foundation |
Copyright © 2013 Simon Property Group, L.P. All Rights Reserved.
By continuing past this page and/or using this site, you agree to abide by the
use of any information on this site. View our