About Simon |
Careers with Simon |
PURPOSE: This position is responsible for working closely with the Director of Marketing & Business Development to learn and assist in the creation, development and implementation of the overall strategic marketing direction of the shopping center and revenue generation strategies in order to meet corporate property business and marketing objectives. This position should learn all aspects of the DMBD position in order to step into a DMBD role within 12 to 18 months.
This position reports to the Director of Marketing & Business Development and property Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
· Under the direction of the DMBD, identifies/creates and sells revenue opportunities through strategic positioning of mall assets, media assets and mall programming in order to achieve the financial sales goals of the property.
· Generates prospective clients in local market through cold calling, networking, reviewing applicable publications and targeted outreach plans.
· Develops and presents proposals to potential clients to educate and sell them on Simon media and experiential opportunities.
· Assist with coordination of media production and installation for all clients.
· Assists with all administrative elements and approvals of sponsorship/event deals including contracting, deal entry, proof of performance, payment collection, contract renewal, revenue forecasting and reporting.
· Assists in the development of solid on-going relationships with partners and sponsors to address performance, execution, and future growth potential.
· Assists in the completion of all associated sales reporting including weekly inventory verification and updating as well as management of individual inventory requests
· Understand and support the annual marketing plan, which supports the corporate marketing objectives and positively impacts the center’s core financial objectives.
· Work with Marketing Director to formulate strong media relationships and assist in the creative production process according to corporate guidelines.
· Frequently review and understand center sales and traffic tends and reports
· Learns all corporate policies and procedures for all programs / promotions.
· Implement platform programs in a professional and timely manner and assist in the measuring of results.
· Assists in the management, administration and sales of the Simon Giftcard program.
· Responsible for generating trade-outs and co-sponsorships to enhance platform programming.
· Responsible for managing the local production and use of on-mall collateral and materials.
· Document all corporate programs for Proof of Performance reports and assist DMBD with completion of all results/surveys.
· Assists Marketing Director in completion of results / surveys.
· Participates in Manager on Duty rotation as needed attend staff meetings and uphold other relevant management responsibilities.
· Reviews and understand Marketing budget, Marketing financials and various related reports.
· Assist with the administration and financial reporting of the gift card program.
· Monitors expenditures and income in regards to marketing budget.
· Assists with the promotion of platform program opportunities to retailers securing retailer offers to enhance programming.
· Assists in writing and creating retailer correspondence or communiqués.
Public Relations Development/Constituency Communication
· Works to build partnerships with key community organizations on behalf of the center.
· Works with DMBD to keep an up-to-date media contact list and build a network of media contacts.
· Responsible for assisting with the distribution of necessary press materials to the media in a timely fashion.
· Track the publicity value of all coverage the mall receives.
· Develops an excellent rapport with tenants through frequent in-person contact.
· Along with the DMBD, convey sales and market related information to the center’s leasing representative and provide necessary marketing information / assistance as necessary.
· Respond to requests for information from tenants / partners / corporate in a timely manner.
· Assist DMBD with coordinating tenant and partner meetings.
· Prepares memos and other correspondence to mall personnel as required to inform them of marketing activities and requests support, if necessary.
PREFERED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
· College education and / or job experience in retail marketing, visual merchandising, RDP, marketing administration or advertising which totals three years.
· Good oral communication skills
· Good written communication skills.
· Good organizational skills
· Good interpersonal skills
· Basic bookkeeping skills
· Ability to type using wording processing equipment
Mobile Site |
Find a Mall |
Contact Us |
Become An Insider |
Simon Youth Foundation |
Copyright © 2013 Simon Property Group, L.P. All Rights Reserved.
By continuing past this page and/or using this site, you agree to abide by the
use of any information on this site. View our