About Simon |
Careers with Simon |
*This position will oversee operations at Wolf Ranch, Arbor Walk, and Gateway.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Under the direction of the Operations Director and Mall Manager, the Operations Supervisor will oversee the facility operations of the mall property(s) as to maintain, protect and enhance the owner’s real estate assets. This will be done at the least cost, in order to contribute to the maximization of the center’s profitability. Primary focus also includes providing technical and operational advice expertise to the Mall Manager. The candidate selected will be trained and mentored over the next 18 months for a future position as an Operations Director and must be willing to relocate to another Simon property.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
· Manages preventive and predictive maintenance, repair, and construction work, within or below budget, to sustain safe and reliable operation
· Monitors cleaning services provided through contracts that require rigorous oversight.
· Assist in development and implementation of mall operating, energy and capital expenditure budget. Manage Property Operating Expenses within or below budgeted levels. Assist Mall Manager with maximizing margin of profit centers.
· Assists management in the management of the work process for both capital projects and ongoing services, including developing the scope of work, working with contractor throughout the proposal process, overseeing the contracted work, and assuring that all necessary documentation is received prior to making payments
· Reads and interprets paper- or computer-based engineering drawings and schematic diagrams
· Performs Condition Assessments (either personally or with the assistance of consultants) to assist in development of long range capital plans and budgets
· Resolve tenant lease and non-lease concerns related to facility operations.
· Establish strong relationships and may frequently interact with key civic leaders (Code Officials, Fire Safety, etc.)
· Maintain good relationships with tenants through frequent interaction, effective follow-through, and by participating in formalized tenant meeting to promote/discuss facility operations initiatives
· Provide support to tenants under construction and ensure construction activities match approved plans and comply with mall criteria
· Manage operations purchasing program and asset inventory
· Ensure all Services Agreements are current and compliant to the Simon Field Purchasing Policy.
· Works with security and local officials to plan and oversee a fire safety program
· Maintain a safe environment which may include training for such programs as OSHA, ADA,EPA and other regulated programs
· Develop staff members by enhancing their roles and broadening their experiences
· Give recognition for good performance and effectively counsel poor performance
· Intensify training and cross training to provide flexibility and efficient staffing plans to meet the economic and operational needs of the center with focus on improving standards and customers’ experience
· Fulfill Manager-on-Duty rotation and manage day to day activities as necessary which may include emergency situations
· Any additional duties as required by the job
· High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree from 4 year college or technical school preferred;
· 1 – 3 years of prior experience dealing with facilities management, operational efficiency programs and energy management;
· HVAC experience
· Strong financial and management skills
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Proficient in the use of computers and programs such as Microsoft Office and other programs as applicable to the property.
· Effective at defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions.
· Must be able to carry materials and equipment up to and exceeding 50 lbs.
· Ability to be flexible, prioritize and manage multiple projects, as well as solve problems in a timely manner.
Mobile Site |
Find a Mall |
Contact Us |
Become An Insider |
Simon Youth Foundation |
Copyright © 2013 Simon Property Group, L.P. All Rights Reserved.
By continuing past this page and/or using this site, you agree to abide by the
use of any information on this site. View our