About Simon |
Careers with Simon |
Position Summary: Determines and satisfies all customers’ needs. Maintain all selling
and productivity goals. Maintains a good working relationship with coworkers and
contributes to the achievement of the store’s goals. The function of the store manager is
to maintain the daily operations of a retail store. Carries out all duties and responsibilities
assigned by management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• To provide excellent customer service that meets or exceeds company standards,
assuring complete customer satisfaction.
• To meet and exceed personal sales quota.
• Demonstrates knowledge of all merchandise; as well as current fashion trends.
• Notifies supervisor of safety hazards or potential security issues in the stores.
• Changes displays, pulling merchandise for display areas, and ensuring display
merchandise is priced and represented appropriately, as directed by supervisor.
• Performs and supervises stock duties: organizing merchandise received, returning
merchandise received damaged or not ordered, checking merchandise against
packing lists, and assisting in inventory counts.
• Performs housekeeping functions (e.g. sweeping, mopping, dusting) in all areas of
the store including the stockroom, selling floor, restroom and eating areas.
• Opens and closes cash register, performing tasks such as counting money,
following anti- fraud register procedures, organizing daily receipts, preparing
• Logging transactions such as discounts, voids, Sku 11, manual tickets, etc.
• Maintain knowledge of policies regarding payment and exchanges, current sales
• Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts, and know how to prevent or
handle these situations.
• Ensures the completion of weekly tasks such as shoe counts, merchandise
requests, transfers, checking all daily paperwork and logs, etc.
• Keeps track of employees’ availability, requests for time off and provides store
staff with a weekly schedule.
• Responsible for having appropriate coverage and staff for the store, which
includes recruiting, interviewing, and the hiring of great candidates as per
• Disciplines and reviews employees as needed, including termination as per
• Maintains good communication with supervisor to ensure that they are within
compliance with all existing company standards, and staying informed on any
• Sends all payroll information to payroll department, including timecards,
timewolf files, new hire paperwork, etc.
• Other duties as assigned to ensure the successful operation of the store.
• This job has supervisory responsibilities.
• There are subordinates reporting to this position.
• The number of subordinates reporting to this position is between 3-12.
• Salespersons, third keyholders, and assistant managers report to this position.
Education and/or Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED and at least 2 years of related experience, as well
as at least one year of management experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Skills and Competencies:
• Language Skills- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write
routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of
customers or employees of the organization.
• Mathematical Skills- : Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as
discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra
• Reasoning Ability- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a
variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited
standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions
furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Computer Skills- Ability to perform basic functions on a computer.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
• Employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear.
• Employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle,
• Employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms.
• Employee must regularly climb ladders and balance.
• Employee must regularly stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
• Employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Employee is required to have close vision and distance vision capabilities.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions
of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee might be required at time to work atop ladders, in high places. The noise level
in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Must have open availability
• Must demonstrate strong people and selling skills
• Must maintain a neat and professional appearance.
3-5 years experience.
How To Apply: Send email@example.com
Mobile Site |
Find a Mall |
Contact Us |
Become An Insider |
Simon Youth Foundation |
Copyright © 2013 Simon Property Group, L.P. All Rights Reserved.
By continuing past this page and/or using this site, you agree to abide by the
use of any information on this site. View our